dispatch 4

News Story - Dogs aid 'Dawgs with mental health
1. Service dogs are becoming a popular way to relief stress off of students. They comfort students and know how to help with their anxiety or mental health issues.
2. Anna Smiley, Savannah Stot, Ava Villalpando, and Jill Gonzales were quoted.
3. "I think if an individual is suffering from a major psychological disorder an emotional support animal can be beneficial," Savannah Stoute said.
4. Yes because it told a story that made me interested.
5. A quote

Commentary Story - Parking plans insufficient for Bowie
1. This story talks about Abbey Repka's opinion on the new Bowie parking policy and construction happening next year. She does not think it is neccisary. and she thinks that it will not benefit students, which I agree.
2. Since it is a commentary story, no one is quoted, but it is just from Abbey Repka's perspective.
3. I like when Abbey said "Even though Bowie is at least trying to make sure everyone can have a parking space, this whole situation is going to be awful for everyone involved."
4. Yes, the lead sentence interested me.
5. A statement.

Feature Story - Pawesome pup eases student's anxiety
1. This story is about Anna Smiley's life with a service dog. She talks about how the service dog has affected her life and all of the wonderful things the dog does for her anxiety.
2. Anna Smiley, Colin Smiley, Savannah Stoute, Jennifer Smiley, Ava Villalpando, and Nicole Villalpando were quoted.
3. "Judge is Anna's safety net.When things become overwhelming, judge helps Anna cope, "Colin Smiley said.
4. Yes because it made me want to read more about what happened.
5. A quote.

Sports Story - Senior kicks it as soccer captain
1. This story is about the Bowie soccer team, but more importantly Hannah Erb, who is a Senior. It talks about Hannah, who is a captain for her team, and how Soccer has brought many people into her life and taught her lessons.
2. Hannah Erb, Hoffman-Howell, and Rheanna Reyes.
3. I like when Hannah Erb said "Even though I was set back, I was so motivated to improve my skills."
4. Yes because reading it made a picture in my head.
5. A quote.

In-Depth Story - Immigration
1. This story is about different immigration stories, one being when the government shutdown due to the border wall by Trump. There was also parts about citizenship and having a job that had to do with immigration and more.
2. Taylor Bhuiyan, Trey Campsmith, Ruth Narvaiz, Amanda Pfeiffer, San Esteban, Carlen Floyd, Carina Vockell, and Sandoval Olivia were quoted.
3. "There was and still is a sense of dehumanization toward immigrants when Trump speaks of immigrants," Taylor Bhuiyan said.
4. Yes the lead interested me because it compared children's tantrums to the government shutdown.
5. A quote.

1. Out of the entire paper, I liked the Mamma Mia photos on page 16.
1A. It really shows how fun and entertaining the performance of Mamma Mia was with the bright lights and fun costumes.
2. My least favorite photo was the photo on Page 7 of the "mission impossible" section.
2A. I do not find that photo interesting because all that is in the photo is someones hand and a tube.
3. I think that taking pictures of the Mamma Mia performance would have been lots of fun because I loved the show, and taking pictures would have shown how fun the show was.
4. I think that the photography in this issue was fun and had great examples of photo rules.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

aperture, shutter, and speed

feature story brainstorm